Swiss Contribution EN
"Biomass cogeneration plant as the base load facility in the Lębork district heating system" is a project financed by the Swiss-Polish Cooperation Programme.
21st February 2013 - launching the procedure for the implementation of "Biomass cogeneration plant as the base load facility in the Lębork district heating system" in the 'design-and-build' mode
24th April 2013 - opening of the tenders in the 'design-and-build' procedure
29th November 2013 - signing of the contract for the implementation of the Project in the 'design-and-build' mode. The contractor is the consortium of companies: Polytechnic Luft- und Feuerungstechnik GmbH, A-2564 Weissenbach, Hainfelderstrasse 69 iPolytechnikPolska Sp. z o.o., 81-509 Gdynia, ul. Bytomska 14. The final date of completing the contract is 30th June 2015. The net sum of the contract: 32 010 315,00 PLN, plus the VAT tax.
1st December 2015 – handover of the CHP plant to the operator
2nd June 2016 – official opening of the CHP plant in the presence of Pomeranian Marshal, Pomeranian Voivode, voyts and mayors of neighbouring counties and towns, authorities of Lębork, CPPC, Ministry of Development and representatives of the Swiss Contribution.
- 27th June 2014 – building permit for the CHP plant
- 31st July 2014 – handing over the construction site
- 1st August 2014 – beginning of construction works
- 2nd November 2014 – beginning of the 1st stage of assembling the technology
- 15th January 2015 – beginning of the 2nd stage of assembling the technology
- 16th July 2015 – BQC certificate
- 19th August 2015 – completion of electrical connection
- 3rd September 2015 – starting fire in the hearth
- 4th November 2015 – SIL2 certificate
- 12th November 2015 – EC certificate of conformity
- 27th November 2015 – occupancy permit from the Powiat Construction Supervision Inspector in Lębork
Beneficiary: Municipality of Lębork
Donor: Switzerland represented by the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO)
Project value: 11.638.194 CHF
Co-financing: no higher than 9.892.465 CHF
The Project consists in the construction of a biomass cogeneration plant working as the base load facility in the district heating system of the town of Lębork and cooperating with the existing heating plant KR-1 of the Municipal Heating Company (MiejskiePrzedsiębiorstwoEnergetykiCieplnej Sp. z o.o.). Completing the Project will result in making use of the mechanisms of support for the production of energy from renewable resources and high-efficiency cogeneration, with the use of local renewable fuel resources.
Main results of the Project implementation will be:
- replacing coal with wood residues from forestry and wood processing industry and/or with straw in the part where it is justified by economy and the possibilities of obtaining such residues,
- production of electricity and heat in cogeneration based on chemical energy contained in biomass,
- reduction of the emission of greenhouse gases as well as harmful gases and dust,
- keeping the heat prices low and counteracting against the tendencies of heat prices rising for the consumers of municipal heat from the district heating system.